New Cygwin 1.7.0-18 in release-2

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman@kitware.com
Fri Jul 18 19:29:00 GMT 2008

Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> Download a 1.7 distro using http://cygwin.com/setup-1.7.exe
>
> Cygwin 1.7 and 1.5 can run in parallel sessions on the same machine, but
> the installation in parallel needs some manual intervention.  Setup.exe
> is not yet using the new registry location and will happily install into
> your 1.5 installation dir...

Are there any instructions on exactly how to do this?  I tried to
install both of them on my machine.  I told setup-1.7 to install into a
separate directory, however, all of the other registry stuff that keeps
track of what is installed seems to be used as well.  So, it installed
some stuff, but not everything.  The resulting install could not run
programs because of missing dll's.

Thanks.

-Bill