setup.exe for 1.7 and patches?

Ralph Hempel rhempel@bmts.com
Mon Jul 21 21:34:00 GMT 2008

Christopher Faylor wrote:

>> Based on Reini's note, I was under the impression that the three
>> patches would apply cleanly to HEAD, and they don't.
>
> It's never possible to make a definitive statement that patches will
> apply cleanly to CVS HEAD.

OK. Now that I've got the HEAD tag out and I've got the patches changed
so that they apply cleanly, I have an error message in the complilation
of PickView.cc with a call to PrepareforVisit().

I don't see it anywhere in the sources, so it's probably a deprecated
function. I'll try and figure out what it was supposed to do, but
for now I've got the clause commented out and the compile is now clean.

Let's see what happens next...

setup --help

runs and appends its output to setup.log!

Looking at the log file, there's now a conflict between -s (--site) and
-s (--software) options.

Does anyone have a preference for the option letter when specifying
packages on the command line? Or should we force the use of --package?

Ralph