[rurban: Re: setup.exe command line parameters]

Sun Jun 22 16:26:00 GMT 2008

The patch that Reini mentions here seems to have languished.  It seems
like it could be pretty useful.  Is anyone willing to review it?

cgf

----- Forwarded message from Reini Urban -----

Dave Korn schrieb:
> Ralph Hempel wrote on 20 June 2008 20:21:
>> Long story short, I ended up using a hacked older version of setup.exe
>> that accepted a -p parameter and a list of packages. It worked great!
>>
>> Is there a compelling reason why that patch can't be applied to the
>> current setup and released? Are there security or stability issues
>> I'm not thinking about?
>>
>> That being said, I CAN run setup.exe in unattended quiet mode and
>> get a BASE cygwin install done, and I'm quite happy with that. But
>> I'd really, really like to specify packages on the command line.
>>
>> Can I help by offering to update the patch to the current setup?
>   Absolutely, yes, please!  If you post it to the cygwin-apps list, with a
> ChangeLog entry, I'll see what we can do about getting it applied.

You mean the patch from
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.os.cygwin.applications/16502 ?

----- End forwarded message -----