[rurban: Re: setup.exe command line parameters]

Dave Korn dave.korn@artimi.com
Tue Jun 24 13:59:00 GMT 2008

Brian Dessent wrote on 24 June 2008 14:45:

> Dave Korn wrote:
>
>>   Yes, but we haven't actually made that release yet, so I don't see why
>> not to bung in a couple of user feature requests while I'm working on it.
>
> In that case we should just smooth over the sharp edges on HEAD and do a
> real release and forget about backporting.  With the addition of the
> "check for and cope with a 'tar -T /dev/null' header of 512 \0s" fix I
> think we'd be close, since in this context we're not talking about the
> 1.7 functionality.  That is certainly going to be better than picking
> and choosing a couple of enhancements, which seems rather arbitrary to
> me.

  I'm ok with that, asuming that the answers to these two questions are
reasonable and proportionate to a Rea-Soon-Now release timeframe:

- what are these "sharp edges", and
- how long will smoothing them out take?

    cheers,
      DaveK