minires-devel problem? (was: Re: [ITA] gnupg-1.4.8-1)

David Rothenberger daveroth@acm.org
Tue Mar 4 20:18:00 GMT 2008

On 3/4/2008 9:12 AM, David Rothenberger wrote:
> On 3/4/2008 12:10 AM, Gergely Budai wrote:
>> Do you have all the needed packages? (I test always in a fully
>> installed environment i.e. all cygwin packages installed).
>
> I do not have all packages installed, but I believe I have all the
> dependencies to compile.
>
> I tried running under strace and got the error:
>
>   "The procedure entry point __dn_skipname could not be located in the
> dynamic link library cygwin1.dll."
>
>> Does anyone else get errors like this?
>
> Apparently not. I will try this again with a fresh install of Cygwin
> and/or another machine. The binary package works fine for me. I guess we
> should consider this to be a weird problem in my environment.

This worked fine for me with a fresh install.

The problem turned out to be my /usr/lib/libresolv.a. On my old
installation, this was an archive. On a fresh installation, this was a
symlink to /usr/lib/libminires.dll.a. It looks like the postinstall for
minires-devel did not replace my existing /usr/lib/libresolv.a since it
already existed.

The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers.
                 -- Wm. Shakespeare, "Henry VI", Part IV