[ITA] libtasn1: Tiny ASN.1 library

Reini Urban rurban@x-ray.at
Sat Mar 22 17:11:00 GMT 2008

Dr. Volker Zell schrieb:
> Hi
>
> I would like to adopt and maintain the monolythic 'libtasn1' package from
> Gerrit P.Haase and split it into 'libtasn1/libtasn1_3/libtasn1-devel' packages.
>
> Here are the setup.hint files:
> ./libtasn1-devel/setup.hint
>
> sdesc: "Tiny ASN.1 library - (development)"
> ldesc: "A library for Abstract Syntax Notation One (ASN.1) and Distinguish
> Encoding Rules (DER) manipulation."
> category: Devel Libs
> requires: cygwin libtasn1_3
> external-source: libtasn1

> ./libtasn1_3/setup.hint

I know I'm a bit late, but haven't we agreed on $MAJOR$MINOR without dot
for underscore for the package name and for the dll name see below.
That's disputed because of lack of knowledge.

I want general naming rules for cygwin dll's, as on unix systems.
The only problem is with FFI's though, for dynamic languages.
E.g. http://rt.perl.org/rt3/Ticket/Display.html?id=51330 for parrot or
lisp CFFI or perl C::DynaLib.
FFI's don't parse .lo files (yet), because the so/dll names are usually
quite uniform.

Most do "-$MAJOR.dll", some do "-$MAJOR.$MINOR-$SUB.dll" (X packages) or
"-$MAJOR.$MINOR.$SUB.dll" (ssl), some do "-$MAJOR.$MINOR.dll", one does
"$MAJOR$MINOR.dll", perl does "$MAJOR_$MINOR.dll".
But the perl dll will never be called via FFI.
--
Reini Urban
http://phpwiki.org/  http://murbreak.at/