[ITP] VOTE: grub 1.96-1 [experimental]

Thu Mar 27 01:29:00 GMT 2008

Christian Franke wrote:
> I would like to contribute my Cygwin port of the boot manager GRUB2.
> (http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/grub-2.en.html)

Is anybody else as confused as I am? How in the world can you have a
*boot manager* ported to cygwin?  Cygwin requires the host Windows OS to
be up and running; it has nothing to do with pre-OS bootloader operations...

Unless I'm really missing something here, I don't think this is an
appropriate candidate for the cygwin distro -- but I'm open to
persuasion if somebody can kindly explain how cygwin-grub2 could
POSSIBLY be of any use at all...

-1

--
Chuck