[ITP] VOTE: grub 1.96-1 [experimental]

Christian Franke Christian.Franke@t-online.de
Sun Mar 30 21:47:00 GMT 2008

Dr. Volker Zell wrote:
> Builds fine from source and packaging look good.
> setup.hint requires line needs in addition the following package
> dependencies:
>
>  coreutils sed tar
>
> Some shell scripts in the package use them.

Fixed, Thanks.

> One question regarding your cygwin README:
>
>   Runtime requirements (these or newer):
>     cygwin-1.5.25-11
>     liblzo2_2-2.02-1
>     libncurses8-5.5-3 (for grub-emu only)
>     cdrkit-1.1.16-1 (genisoimage for grub-mkrescue only)
>     (The cdrkit package is available at http://cygwinports.dotsrc.org/)
>
> Shouldn't cdrkit be in the distro then?

Yes It should.

> Our packages should be
> selfcontained. Probably you could ITP cdrkit.

Done :-)

I've uploaded a new build with a minor fix in grub-probe and genisoimage
added to the dependencies:

http://franke.dvrdns.org/cygwin/release/grub/grub-1.96-1.tar.bz2
http://franke.dvrdns.org/cygwin/release/grub/grub-1.96-1-src.tar.bz2
http://franke.dvrdns.org/cygwin/release/grub/setup.hint

sdesc: "GRand Unified Bootloader, version 2"
ldesc: "GRUB2 is a portable powerful bootloader. This version
of GRUB is based on a cleaner design than its predecessors.
This package contains a version built for the traditional
PC/BIOS architecture."
category: Utils
requires: cygwin coreutils genisoimage liblzo2_2 libncurses8 sed tar
test: 1.96-1

Christian