[ITP] graphviz/libgraphviz4/libgraphviz-devel/graphviz-doc/graphviz-contrib: An open source graph visualization software

Warren Young warren@etr-usa.com
Fri May 2 15:32:00 GMT 2008

Yaakov (Cygwin Ports) wrote:

> It's been in Ports for over a year...

Yes, but your version builds a whole bunch of bindings and such that you
can't do using only packages in the official Cygwin distro.  When I said
I couldn't get graphviz to build, it's because I was still in the
process of removing stuff from your .cygport file.  My effort to adopt
these new packages is interleaved with "real work", so my
edit/compile/debug/retry cycle is hours long.

As I see it, this is why Ports is still useful, because I don't see
Cygwin adopting 100% of the packages in it.  These interdependencies
make Ports much richer, but also more complicated.  There's a need for both.