package lint suggestions
Fri May 2 19:23:00 GMT 2008
As part of my effort to allow maintainers to upload their own packages
I am thinking of finally writing a package lint script which checks for
known problems in packaging.
So, I'd like to get a list of things to check for. Off the top of my head
I can think of:
- Existence of /usr/man, /usr/doc rather than /usr/share/man /usr/share/doc.
- Filenames begin with ./foo rather than just foo.
- Empty directories.
- Missing /usr/share/doc/Cygwin/* (probably a warning).
- Dangling symlinks
- DLLs not installed to /bin or /usr/bin.
- setup.hint syntax bad.
- setup.hint has overly long ldesc.
- setup.hint requires refers to nonexistent package.
- setup.hint external-source refers to nonexistent source.
I know that I'm missing some obvious stuff here. What am I missing?
More information about the Cygwin-apps