[RFU] sqlite3-3.5.8-1

Warren Young warren@etr-usa.com
Sat May 10 08:30:00 GMT 2008

Dr. Volker Zell wrote:

> When building and packaging with your .cygport file I do not get shared
> libs.

It may not be possible.  It's set to try to build shared libraries, but
you get this during the build:

libtool: link: warning: undefined symbols not allowed in i686-pc-cygwin
shared libraries

I seem to recall seeing a thread about this many moons ago that said
there was no workaround to this short of changing the source code to
avoid the need for undefined symbols.

I don't see much incentive to do this, though, because SQLite is public
domain, and relatively small.  The intent of the library is to embed it
deeply in your program for use as low-level infrastructure.  It's not
really meant to be upgraded separately from the program that uses it.

 > Is it possible that your .src patch is missing ?

No source patches are necessary.  It builds perfectly OOTB.