CMake 2.6.0-1 ready

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman@kitware.com
Tue May 20 16:33:00 GMT 2008

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On May 20 11:49, Bill Hoffman wrote:
>> Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>>> Uploaded.  I removed 2.2.3-2.
>>> Thanks,
>>> Corinna
>> Thanks.  Someone on the cygwin list noticed that I had a file:
>>
>>  /usr/share/doc/cmake-2.6.0/MANIFEST
>>
>> that should not be in the release.  I have searched the cygwin site, and
>> find no reference to a MANIFEST file being required in the doc directory.
>> However, I have had one in cmake for years now, and just for cygwin.  Was
>> this a policy change at some point that I missed?
>
> That's something for Volker to answer.  I'm not sure why the MANIFEST
> file should be a problem.
>

> Corinna

Should I move this back to the main cygwin list? This seemed like a
better list for this discussion.   Also, I am feeling a bit crazy...  I
really thought that that file was required by cygwin way back when I
started doing this?  It would be easy to remove, and it may affect other
projects so I want to make sure it is done the right way.  CMake
contains a tool called CPack that can be used to create various
installers for packages, and Cygwin setup is one of them.  The MANIFEST
is created by CPack.

Thanks.

-Bill