SECURITY vulnerabilities update 2007-Sep-25
Charles Wilson
cygwin@cwilson.fastmail.fm
Tue Oct 28 01:42:00 GMT 2008
Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>> ORPAHNED: apache2
>> Lapo Luchini: lighttpd
>> Reini Urban: clamav
>> Charles Wilson: tiff, unzip
I'm a-gettin' there. autotools first, then everything else.
Related, but maybe a new topic:
BTW, what's the consensus on cygwin-1.7 wrt gcc? I know there is not
supposed to be -- absent runtime support library and exception unwinding
issues -- any ABI breakage between gcc-3.4.5 and gcc-4.x in C.
But.
Our gcc-4.x could use a different runtime support library (e.g. shared
libgcc if desired. Do we?).
gcc-4.x also changed to dwarf2 (I think? right?) exception unwinding,
which means that libgcc is a little different even when static.
So...should cygwin-1.7 packages all be built using gcc-4.x, or not? (And
is it really, as I fear, an all-or-nothing proposition given the libgcc
changes?)
--
Chuck
More information about the Cygwin-apps
mailing list