[ITA] libaprutil1-1.3.4-1

David Rothenberger daveroth@acm.org
Mon Sep 1 08:29:00 GMT 2008

On 9/1/2008 1:21 AM, David Rothenberger wrote:
> libaprutil1 setup.hint
> category: Libs
> requires: cygwin crypt libapr1 libdb4.2 libexpat1 libgdbm4 libiconv2
> libopenldap2_3_0 libpq5 libsqlite3_0
> sdesc: "Apache Portable Runtime utility library (runtime)"
> ldesc: "The mission of the Apache Portable Runtime (APR) project is to
> create and maintain software libraries that provide a predictable and
> consistent interface to underlying platform-specific implementations.
> The primary goal is to provide an API to which software developers may
> code and be assured of predictable if not identical behaviour regardless
> of the platform on which their software is built, relieving them of the
> need to code special-case conditions to work around or take advantage of
> platform-specific deficiencies or features."

I should point out that I'm still building against libdb4.2 because I
don't know what effect upgrading to libdb4.6 would have on packages like
subversion. Specifically, I don't know if this would require repository
dumps and reloads if the repository uses bdb.

Also, the ldap, PostgreSQL, and SQLite3 dependencies are for included
loadable modules; they are not required for the main library. Should I
include those as dependencies or let other packages that actually use
the modules declare them?

Talkers are no good doers.
                 -- William Shakespeare, "Henry VI"