[ITP] libelf

Sun Dec 20 20:11:00 GMT 2009

On 20/12/2009 13:56, Dave Korn wrote:
>    libelf(*) is a requirement for supporting LTO in the upcoming GCC 4.5.0 (and
> beyond), and I needed to build myself a local copy so I could test that, so I
> figured I might as well package it properly while I was at it.
>
> http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=libelf
>
>    It's shipped in all versions of Debian so I don't (aiui) need a vote, just a
> second pair of eyeballs to verify I got the packaging and setup hints correct.

For your own convenience, I would strongly suggest 's/0.8.13/${PV}/g';
this will make it easier to deal with future version bumps without
accidentally shipping a 0.8.14-1 which is really 0.8.13.

MAKEOPTS should not be used to add/increase parallel make.  cygport
automatically sets -j# based on the number of cores detected on the
system; if you want a different value for yourself, set it in
$HOME/.cygport.conf.  OTOH, disabling parallel make for those packages
that don't support is appropriate (MAKEOPTS+=" -j1").

Same goes for SIG; it is a per-user variable and should be set in
$HOME/.cygport.conf.

Why do you pass --disable-compat?  This prevents gelf.h and libelf.h
from also being installed in $prefix/include, where some packages expect
to find it (e.g. bug-buddy).  Both Debian and Gentoo make these headers
available there.

In the .src.patch, it looks like lib/libelf.def has a line ending issue;
the only obvious difference is the removal of the LIBRARY token.

If you want, you can compare to my libelf package in Ports:

http://cygwin-ports.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/cygwin-ports/ports/trunk/libs/libelf/

Yaakov