1.7 installation failed (on network drive?)

Tue Dec 22 10:02:00 GMT 2009

On Dec 21 21:10, Thomas Wolff wrote:
> [resending without attachments which got spam-blocked]
>
> Corinna Vinschen schrieb:
> >>I can do that on Monday, hope it's sufficient.
> Both setup.exe versions of Friday work! Great, thanks. And with both
> network drives.
> There were a number of "Permission denied" messages in some of the
> screen logs, mostly during postinstall of terminfo.

Probably the fruitless attempts to chmod something.  That's the result
of the unfortunate "Change" permissions on the share.  Another result is
that Cygwin applications running under a non-admin account will not be
able to create files with arbitrary POSIX permissions at all, since
Cygwin sets permissions differently than setup.exe to allow inheritable
permissions.

> And there was a failed attempt to create H:\/setup.log in one of
> them (last instance of \/ or \\ after transformation).

I see why that happens.  I'll fix it.

Thanks for testing,

Red Hat