1.7.1

Tue Dec 22 18:04:00 GMT 2009

On Dec 22 12:13, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 05:43:59PM +0100, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >On Dec 22 11:23, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> >> If you want to make a 1.7.1 version of cygwin available, I'll do all of
> >> the magic on sourceware.  Or, I can build it, put it up, and let you know
> >> when to send the announcement.
> >
> >Cygwin 1.7.1 binary and source packages are already available on
> >sourceware in ~corinna/x/.  I can upload them to the release area
> >whenever everything else is in place.  Or you can do it while doing
> >the magic.  Just keep me informed.
>
> My preference would be to do it tonight but that would probably be too
> late for you?

It depends.  I'll be off to dinner now, but I can do the basic web page
changes in an hour or two.  You could do all the other changes you have
in mind over night, even including the move of the 1.7.1 packages to the
release area.  In the morning my time, when most mirrors have catched
up, I could write the announcement and apply the article.db changes.
Then we should be all set.

> I *could* send out email spoofed as you if you have the words ready.

I don't, sorry.

> Yes.  You probably want to update freshmeat too.

I can do this in the morning as well, but, do I have the permissions
to add to the Cygwin project?

Red Hat