[ITP] Macaulay2 1.1

Daniel R. Grayson dan@math.uiuc.edu
Thu Jan 8 16:47:00 GMT 2009

Dear Corinna,

Yaakov said I should submit ITP's for those dependent libraries, and that the
question of interest in Macaulay2 is moot until then, but you say I don't have
to submit ITP's for them, because they are either already provided or part of
Fedora, hence only a GTG is required.

Would you be willing to agree that Macaulay2's ITP can be considered now on its
own merits, without waiting for ITP's for those libraries to be approved?

The separate question of whether the cygwin developers want those libraries to
be packaged separately can be dealt with handily by conditional "yes" votes
that say "yes, Macaulay2 should be a package, but all 3rd party libraries must
be packaged separately rather than being included as source in the Macaulay2
package", or by unconditional votes that say "yes, Macaulay2 should be a
cygwin package".