[RFU 1.5 and 1.7] libaprutil1-1.3.7

David Rothenberger daveroth@acm.org
Wed Jul 1 16:49:00 GMT 2009

> On Jun 30 09:02, David Rothenberger wrote:
>> On 6/30/2009 1:30 AM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>>> Here, the aprutil1 package still exists in the 1.7 release area, but
>>> I don't think it makes sense anymore, along the same lines as for
>>> libapr1.  I think it should be ok to remove it from the 1.7 release.
>>> What do you say?
>> The aprutil1 and apr1 packages are just transition packages to help
>> people upgrade from the old package naming schema to the new one. They
>> don't need to be in the 1.7 area if we believe everyone will have
>> updated their apr1 and aprutil1 packages before they try to upgrade to
>> 1.7. I'm not sure that's true, though. It seems there are at least some
>> people that only update once every 3-5 years. :-)
>
> So you'd rather have the apr1 package in the 1.7 release as well?

I don't know the right answer. I thought I saw that the obsolete
packages from from 1.5 were not copied to 1.7. If that's the case, 1.5
users must update before trying to upgrade to 1.7, right? If so, I don't
need the apr1 and aprutil1 packages in 1.7.

If we don't require users to update 1.5 before upgrading to 1.7, then
I'd like apr1 and aprutil1 in 1.7.

I update frequently. Many users at my company update only when they have
to -- perhaps once every two years.

Stupid, n.:
         Losing $25 on the game and $25 on the instant replay.