Cygwin 1.7 release (was Re: The library or libraries will be delivered[...])

Thu Jun 4 18:23:00 GMT 2009

On Jun  4 13:58, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> Chris, how would you and the other MinGW developers feel about moving
> mingw and w32api somewhere else?
>
> There has been some talk about splitting apart the various components of
> the "src" directory (gdb, binutils, cygwin, etc.) and it might be time
> to separate cygwin and mingw/w32api more definitively.

Personally I'd rather keep the w32api directory in the same repository
as Cygwin.  It's much more convenient to have the latest CVS version
always right where it's needed instead of having to update w32api on the
build machine in some other spot.  Especially when making changes which
are then used by Cygwin right away.

Having said that, I can live with having w32api in another repository.
I just doubt that I'd like it.

Red Hat