[ITP 1.7] dbus-glib

Wed Jun 24 20:39:00 GMT 2009

On 24/06/2009 03:11, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> if I understand you correctly, this isn't only a requirement for the
> latest GNOME, it also won't work without the latest

... glib.

> So I'd say, that's just one of the packages which constitute the
 > GNOME update and you know how to do it. Just upload when
 > you're finished.

Fine.  Let me give you a headsup then, that among the GNOME libraries
already in the distro, a few packages were split out into their own
upstream tarballs: python-gobject2 from python-gtk2, and
gnome-vfs2-monikers from gnome-vfs2.  I will be adding these as well.

> Other than that, I added these packages to the Cygwin package
> maintainance list at http://cygwin.com/cygwin-pkg-maint.

After I'm finished uploading, you'll want to rescan the packages in
release-2/GNOME to get the current layout, as they have all been
rearranged since way back when.  (Of course, I will assure the upgrade
is smooth, so there will be a number of _obsolete packages when I'm
finished).

Once that's done (probably next week), I will be ready to ITP some more
GNOME libraries that have never been in the distro.

Yaakov