Change Setup's package search field to case-insensitive

Fri Jun 26 18:14:00 GMT 2009

On Jun 26 12:43, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 12:16:59PM -0400, Ralph Hempel wrote:
> >Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> >> Back to re-inventing the wheel?
> >
> >Not really. It's more a case of using two existing wheels that are on
> >the workbench instead of going to the store to buy another one.
>
> I'm away from a windows system right now so I can't check this for myself
> by running "ldd" or "cygcheck" on setup.exe.
>
> Do we get StrStrI for free just by referencing it or is a makefile
> modification required?  I see at least one part of setup's code purports
> to be using something from shlwapi.dll so, if we're already using it, I
> don't see any harm in just using StrStrI.

shlwapi wasn't linked against so far.  If there's no other reason not to
link against it, then there's no harm to link against it to get some
function for free (aka, ready and well tested) instead of having to
create it ourselves yet again.

Red Hat