ITP: libustr

Mon Nov 16 05:26:00 GMT 2009

On 14/11/2009 19:26, Charles Wilson wrote:
> ustr (Micro string library) is a string API for C. It has tiny overhead
> over just plain strdup(), is much safer, is easier to use, is faster
> for many operations, can be used with read-only or automatically
> allocated data. You don't even need to link to the library to use it
> (so there are no dependencies).
>
> libustr is included in Debian:
> http://packages.debian.org/source/lenny/libs/ustr

Overall looks pretty good.  A few nits:

1) Shouldn't the DLLs be linked with -Wl,--enable-auto-image-base?  (Why
this isn't the binutils default already, I really don't know.)

2) /usr/bin/ustr-import is in libustr-devel but its manpage is in
libustr; these should be packaged together.

3) If libustr-debug is really just meant for debugging purposes and
won't be used in other packages, I think the DLL should also be part of
libustr-devel.

Yaakov