[ITP] socat

Andrew Schulman schulman.andrew@epamail.epa.gov
Fri Sep 11 14:11:00 GMT 2009

Yaakov, thanks for your review.  I do appreciate it.  Unfortunately you've
tapped into my frustration with the poor documentation of cygport.  I like
and use cygport, but much of its functionality isn't documented anywhere
except in the source.  So subtle points like these are likely to be
overlooked.

> 1) $SIG is a user-specific variable and should be defined in your
> ~/.cygport.conf, not in a .cygport.

cygport.conf?  I never even knew there was such a thing!  But okay, fine,
I'll move SIG to there.

> 2) $top in an internal variable and is not part of the public cygport
> API.  Same goes for __step (use inform() instead).  I could change these
> tomorrow and your .cygport will break.

No doubt you could.  What then is the supported equivalent for $top?

> 3) Why the umask 022?

In order to override the umask (027) in my usual environment, which was
causing the files in my packages to have too-restrictive permissions:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.os.cygwin/110143 .

Again it seems that this should go into my local cygport.conf, so I'll move
it there.

Andrew.