Avoiding the final setup.exe page

Mon Sep 21 19:15:00 GMT 2009

#1. WAY too simplistic. How does setup know the appropriate options that
the target app should take, when invoked via a shortcut? How can I as a
package maintainer specify those things for setup to read them? How can
I specify startup directories, the .ico to use (or .dll + iconoffset), etc?

And...how can I set up two or more shortcuts for a given package (e.g.
rxvt-unicode would have at least two: the "standalone" urxvt, and the
"daemon client" urxvtc one -- never mind trying to start the urxvtd
daemon itself via a shortcut).

#2. You're proposing a LOT of new functionality. SMTC -- or at least
show me an estimate of how much new code, how many new classes, and how
much modification to existing code your proposal will require.

--
Chuck