Avoiding the final setup.exe page

Chris January chris@atomice.net
Wed Sep 23 14:21:00 GMT 2009

On Tue, 22 Sep 2009 01:45:07 -0400, ABCD <en.abcd@gmail.com> wrote:

> Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> Also, as far as I can tell, there is no remembering of anything going
on
>> now.  The buttons are off by default.  Is that right or am I missing
>> something in the complicated setup code?
>
> - From what I've seen, the buttons are *on* by default, and only default
> to *off* if the shortcut already exists.  If the shortcut is removed,
> then they turn back on (to my annoyance).

Yes, that's the behaviour I see. Just verified with setup-1.7.exe form the
Cygwin website. Setup checks the entries for any icons that don't already
exist. So if you uncheck the "Create icon on Desktop" the first time you
run setup, then the next time it will be checked again because the icon
doesn't exist. If you don't want a desktop icon you must uncheck it every
time you run setup.

Regards,
Chris

--