[ITA] - base-files

David Sastre d.sastre.medina@gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 06:33:00 GMT 2010

On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 01:05:44AM +0100, David Sastre wrote:
> And given that critical files will be detected as modified (even if
> they are not) because of the cmp line in preremove, existing files
> remain untouched and new files end up in /etc/default/etc.

Scratch that. Preremove can't do that kind of sorcery. It is PRE
remove... (and it's triggered _before_ installing anything...)

It looks like /etc/bash.bashrc and /etc/profile deserve some special
treatment. The rest of the reasoning is still valid, I think.

--
Huella de clave primaria: 0FDA C36F F110 54F4 D42B  D0EB 617D 396C 448B 31EB