[ITP] libgsf

Mon Jan 11 07:08:00 GMT 2010

On 10/01/2010 23:21, Charles Wilson wrote:
> 1) README build requirements needs to list GConf2. Otherwise, the
> thumbnailer is not built, and nothing gets installed into /etc, and the
> pkg creation step fails:
> tar: etc: Cannot stat: No such file or directory

Good point.  libgsf is a rare case where a GConf schema is installed but
the package itself doesn't actually use GConf.  I've fixed this in SVN
(r8493, r8494).

> 2) Side comment: while I'd be happy to rebuild libAfterImage (once the
> ITP is approved) with SVG support via librsvg2, I'm a little leery of
> making a simple graphics format library dependent on all of GNOME! --
>    libAfterImage<-- librsvg2<-- libgsf<-- (large list)
>
> I guess 'large list' is just
>      libbz2_1 libgcc1 libglib2.0_0 libintl8 libxml2 zlib0
> which doesn't trouble me much (except for glib2); are all the other
> build dependencies simply there because the extra utilities and python
> bindings require them, but the runtime library itself does not?

Correct, those are the only dependencies of libgsf1_114.
libgdk_pixbuf2.0 is only used by (one of) the utilities, and the python
deps are obviously only for the python-gsf bindings.  librsvg2 also
depends on libgdk_pixbuf2.0 but NOT libgtk2.0; that's precisely why I
split out libgdk_pixbuf2.0 from libgtk2.0, even though upstream ships
them together.

> 3) Rebuilds OK from source, assume all build deps (incl. GConf2) are
> installed.
>
> 4) packaging looks ok.
>
> GTG.

Thanks,