[ITP] librsvg2

Mon Jan 11 20:46:00 GMT 2010

On 11/01/2010 08:07, Charles Wilson wrote:
> Suppose ABI #3 is released

It won't be; librsvg follows the standard GNOME pattern of keeping API
stability by keeping deprecated features while adding new ones.  The
next change would be a separate librsvg3, probably later this year when
glib and gtk+ 3.0 are released.

> Furthermore, neither ImageMagick nor libAfterImage care about gtk's
> ability to load the svgs -- they don't need
>     /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/loaders/svg_loader.dll
>     /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/loaders/svg_loader.la
>     /etc/postinstall/librsvg2.sh (which only has anything to do with
> svg_loader).

Despite the path, it is really a plugin for GdkPixbuf and does not
depend on GTK+.  Hence, there are no extra dependencies for the SVG
loader, since librsvg2 itself also depends on libgdk_pixbuf2.0.

OTOH I'm not opposed to separating the loader into its own package.

> I think svg_loader* and the postinstall script should go into a new
> package "gtk2.0-loaders-svg",

gdk-pixbuf2.0-svg would be more accurate, and this naming scheme is also
used by the WMF loader provided by libwmf.

> and the /usr/share/doc/librsvg2/* should go into a new package
 > "librsvg2-doc" along with all of the html/* files from librsvg2-devel.

The docs in $pkgdocdir are the standard COPYING/NEWS/README docs that
all users should receive, but the html docs in librsvg2-devel are
gtk-doc API documentation that would only be of interest to developers
and packagers.

> Otherwise, rebuilds fine from source and passes its builtin testsuite.

Thanks for the review,

Yaakov