HEADSUP maintainers: Change in openssl package requires change in setup.hint

Matthias Andree matthias.andree@gmx.de
Thu Jun 24 13:55:00 GMT 2010

Corinna Vinschen wrote on 2010-06-24:

> Hi guys,
>
> according to the discussion starting here
> http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2010-06/msg00101.html
> the layout of the openssl package has changed so that the runtime
> libraries are now in the libopenssl098 package, rather than in the
> openssl base package.
>
> The openssl package will be switched from 0.98 to 1.0.0 really soon now,
> and that switch will also introduce the new runtime package
> libopenssl100.  This package is slightly backward incompatible with
> 0.9.8.

What are the plans to deal with the hash vs. oldhash for the CApath
directories? All the directories hosting single-cert-per-file stuff will
have to be rehashed.

Are the openssl maintainers aware there have been c_rehash fixes
post-1.0.0 release? I've filed one, and one other to generate dual
symlinks with a special c_rehash option which TTBOMK has not been accepted
upstream yet, but can also help with sharing such directories between
-0.9.8 and 1.0.0+ installations, should that be necessary -- and I guess
that would be the case from the existence of separate packages for 0.9.8X
and 1.0.0X.

URLs: (use guest/guest as login/password for the site below):

fixes: <http://rt.openssl.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=2234>

compat feature: <http://rt.openssl.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=2272>

HTH

--