[ITP] mingw-w64

JonY jon_y@users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jun 30 18:23:00 GMT 2010

On 7/1/2010 00:49, Charles Wilson wrote:
> As an aside, to compile with a different prefix using cygport requires a
> bit of work right now, because AFAIK cygport doesn't support anything
> but --prefix=/usr.
>
> See
> http://cygwin.osuosl.org/release/autoconf/gcc-tools-epoch2-autoconf/gcc-tools-epoch2-autoconf-2.64-1-src.tar.bz2
>

> for how I did it. Basically I had to copy cygport's cygconf() function
> and modify it, ditto cygports cyginstall() function. Then, from my
> src_compile() and src_install() I called my copies.
>
> That's what was needed to put autoconf into /opt/gcc-tools/epoch2/ but
> other, more complex packages -- and they don't get much more complex
> that gcc! -- might need even more custom overrides.

Thanks, I will check it out. (btw, libtool too needs to get an epoch
version, having problems with macro version mismatches in gcc
cygautoreconf).

I added --prefix=/somewhere to CYGCONF_ARGS to override cygport defaults
by taking advantage of autotool's behavior
(...configure...--prefix=/usr...--prefix=/somewhere), but I don't think
its appropriate.

> P.S. Hey, Yaakov -- any chance cygport could start supporting custom
> prefixes? Maybe by inheriting some special cygclass?

Do also give the ability to tell cygport to exclude some libtool files
from getting fixed up, thanks.