[ITP] tftp-hpa 5.0

Gernot Hillier gernot.hillier@siemens.com
Sat Nov 13 04:40:00 GMT 2010

Dear Chuck,

On 12.10.2010 20:29, Charles Wilson wrote:
> On 10/4/2010 12:17 PM, Gernot Hillier wrote:
>>
>> Ok, so I'll wait for your update...
>>
>>> And that's great; obviously your internal team can continue to use what
>>> you have, until the revised version comes along.  In fact, it's great
>>> that you have an in-place testing environment; we can easily make sure
>>> that the revised versions don't break anything.
>>
>> ... and try to push it into our product's mainline which should be well
>> possible in the next weeks. However, please note that we don't use IPv6
>> and have no testbed for this.
>>
>>> That makes sense.  However, as we/I are *very* enthusiastic about
>>> deleting inetutils' tftp in favor of tftp-hpa, now's the time to make
>>> that investment.
>>
>> :-) Let me know when I can help.
>
> Here's my revised version of your package:
>
> http://cygwin.cwilson.fastmail.fm/tftp-5.0-1-src.tar.bz2
> http://cygwin.cwilson.fastmail.fm/tftp-5.0-1.tar.bz2
> http://cygwin.cwilson.fastmail.fm/tftp-server-5.0-1.tar.bz2

Phew, 4 weeks passed by. Sorry for the long delay.

But finally, I managed to test your binary packages - they look rather
nice to me. Account creation and service activation (--standalone)
worked quite nicely.

The only strange thing I stumbled over was that my Windows XP 64bit was
classified as NT 5.2 by uname, so that the additional account magic was
triggered. But that's likely another story - and it worked perfectly,
only the messages were a bit confusing.

> 7) Massive updating to README file; consolidated information from
>    README.cygwin and README.security changes, plus pulled in relevant
>    data from (current) inetutils.README (*)
> 8) Client supports readline-based command history editing
[...]
> Gernot, if you could take this -src package and rebuild it (just to make
> sure it works for you), and then test the binaries in your environment,
> that'd be a good start.  Then, I'll worry about the IPv6 stuff next
> weekend or so, and we'll be ready to upload.

So far, I did not test/review the READMEs, the client and the source
package, but I'm quite sure I can give you feedback on those on Monday.

--
Gernot Hillier
Siemens AG, CT T DE IT 1, GTF System Architecture & Platforms