[ITP] tftp-hpa 5.0

Mon Nov 15 14:28:00 GMT 2010

On Nov 12 23:39, Charles Wilson wrote:
> On 11/12/2010 10:49 AM, Gernot Hillier wrote:
> > On 12.10.2010 20:29, Charles Wilson wrote:
> >> Here's my revised version of your package:
> >>
> >> http://cygwin.cwilson.fastmail.fm/tftp-5.0-1-src.tar.bz2
> >> http://cygwin.cwilson.fastmail.fm/tftp-5.0-1.tar.bz2
> >> http://cygwin.cwilson.fastmail.fm/tftp-server-5.0-1.tar.bz2
> >
> > Phew, 4 weeks passed by. Sorry for the long delay.
>
> 'Sokay. I've been busy, too.
>
> > But finally, I managed to test your binary packages - they look rather
> > nice to me. Account creation and service activation (--standalone)
> > worked quite nicely.
>
> Great.
>
> > The only strange thing I stumbled over was that my Windows XP 64bit was
> > classified as NT 5.2 by uname, so that the additional account magic was
> > triggered. But that's likely another story - and it worked perfectly,
> > only the messages were a bit confusing.
>
> Well, it appears you are correct:
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms724832%28v=VS.85%29.aspx
>
> Geez, Microsoft sux.
>
> However, I *wonder* if XP64 is more like NTServer2003, than it is like
> XP32.
> [...]

The 64 bit kernel was developed after the XP 5.1 kernel.  The resulting
64 bit-clean 5.2 kernel was then used for XP 64, 2K3 32 and 64 bit.  The
numbering makes a lot of sense, given the history.  And so, obviously,
XP 64 shares the new behaviour in some respect(*) with 2K3.

Corinna

(*) The SYSTEM user restriction when starting a service is just one
    difference.  There are more.  For instance, the new SO_REUSEADDR
    socket binding behaviour, or the fact that \Device\PhysicalMemory is
    not accessible from user space anymore.

Red Hat