[ITP] tftp-hpa 5.0

Gernot Hillier gernot.hillier@siemens.com
Fri Nov 19 16:07:00 GMT 2010

Ok, after you solved the IPv6 stuff, let's get back to our original test
plan.

On 17.11.2010 06:32, Charles Wilson wrote:
>   1) test the binary in IPv4 mode.  e.g. drop it in place of your
> current 5.0-1 tftpd.exe and make sure it still works with your inhouse
> IPv4 clients without any trouble.

Done. Works with the patch in your last mail.

>   2) uninstall the service and re-install using the new tftpd-config
> (--standalone?).  Make sure that still works (also, you probably want to
> install the test release of csih-0.9.2-1, for the complete XP64bit
> treatment).

Tested and found another small issue: the "--standalone" case branch has
a superfluous "shift" which breaks parsing of later params. Please remove.

And - it seems there are some ways to misspell csih_inform: :-)

/usr/bin/tftpd-config: line 175: cish_inform: command not found
/usr/bin/tftpd-config: line 176: csih_infomr: command not found

>   3) Make sure this 5.0-2-src package also rebuilds.

Done.

>   4) Plan to advertise tftp (-hpa) as "nominally" supporting IPv6 but in
> the announcement we'll say it's untested.
>
>   5) Don't bother to say anything about the -m remap support. AFAICT,
> it's pretty straightforward.  Unless there is a giant undetected bug
> upstream, it should Just Work(tm) if anybody tries it.

Thanks for the hints!

Would you mind preparing a last package with the discussed changes, than
I could take over - or do you still have any TODOs?

> Release schedule:
>   If you're happy with this, and confident that you can continue
> maintaining it from here out (don't worry; I'm not going to get hit by a
> bus -- but you'll be running point for tftp/tftpd) -- then we can plan
> the transition and rollout the new packages.
>
> We'll have to coordinate
>   a) uploading the tftp and the updated inetutils packages, and
>   b) sending the announcements of those two packages
> I'll need some time for (a) because I have to update inetutil's
> iu-config and syslog-config scripts; fortunately the major surgery --
> removing tftp/tftpd -- from inetutils is already done.

Just let me know then when you're ready.

--
Gernot