[ITA] ocaml 3.12.0

Damien Doligez damien.doligez@inria.fr
Thu Sep 9 18:42:00 GMT 2010

On 2010-09-08, at 11:31, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> Cool, thanks.  Your packaging looks good, so this package is ok for
> upload.  I was just wondering if you would like me to upload the package
> as is for now, or if I should wait for the FlexDLL-enabled version?

I think you should upload this version for the moment because I have
two potential problems with Yaakov's FlexDLL package that I need to
investigate:

1. It's based on an old version of FlexDLL, and IIRC OCaml needs
   some of the recent changes.
2. It mentions gcc4 in the dependencies, but OCaml is compiled with
   gcc3.  I need to determine whether OCaml now works with
   gcc4 and if not, whether it needs a FlexDLL based on gcc3.

-- Damien