Up for new maintainer - base-files and base-passwd

David Sastre d.sastre.medina@gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 09:22:00 GMT 2010

On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 10:54:05AM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> On Sep 13 10:33, John Morrison wrote:
> > It is with regrets that I give up the maintainership of the cygwin
> > base-files and base-passwd packages.
> >
> > I've been unable to find sufficient time to do these packages justice a
> > situation which is unlikely to improve at this time.
> >
> > The source for the packages is the package itself.  I have a small set of
> > automations for building (replacing version numbers etc) which I will
> > happily give to the new maintainer, but I have not created a cygport
> > package for it.
> >
> > I am not going to unsubscribe from the lists nor stop answering questions.
> >
> > I've enjoyed the time I've spent on this project and wish it well.
>
> I'm sorry to read that.  Thanks for the time and effort you invested
> into these packages.
>
> Since you're not mentioning "units", does that mean you keep up
> maintainership for this package?
>
> Other than that, is anybody willing to take over maintainership of
> base-passwd and/or base-files?  While the base-passwd file is relatively
> uncritical, especially the base-files package needs some work, to pick
> up the stray bits of problems we collected over the time.
>
> Anybody willing to take over a few bash scripts?

I'd like to do that. Is there a detailed list of things to correct in the
base-files package? Or should I look for that info in the archives?

Regards.

--
Huella de clave primaria: 0FDA C36F F110 54F4 D42B  D0EB 617D 396C 448B 31EB