256x256 px icons

Tue Aug 2 16:07:00 GMT 2011

On Aug  2 11:45, Charles Wilson wrote:
> > I guess we're getting close to the end result now.
>
> So, how are you (Andy, Corinna) planning to handle the .ico file(s)
> themselves?  Are you
>
> 1. (Andy) planning to put it/them into the mintty executable as resource(s),
>
> 2. ship the .ico file(s) in '/' as part of the main cygwin package, as
> we have long done with cygwin.ico
>
> 3. Incorporate it/them into cygicon*.dll as part of the cygutils package
>
> or some combination?  I'm open to #3, but I'll need provenance and
> licensing info (see the end of /usr/share/doc/cygutils/cygicons/README )

I would stick to the standard terminal icon for mintty(*), except in the
case of the "Cygwin Terminal" desktop and start menu icons.  Both files
will be installed into / just as today.  They can (and maybe should)
also become part of cygicon DLL.

Corinna

(*) Well, unless Andy wants to take over the terminal icon with the C in
    it, but that's entirely his own call.

Red Hat