Please upload: mined-2000.16-0

Thomas Wolff towo@towo.net
Sun Feb 13 22:18:00 GMT 2011

Am 13.02.2011 17:35, schrieb Corinna Vinschen:
> Thomas,
>
> On Feb 24 01:32, Thomas Wolff wrote:
>> Please upload the release update package for mined:

>> #mkdir mined
>> cd mined
>> wget http://towo.net/mined/cygwin/mined-2000.16-0.tar.bz2
>> wget http://towo.net/mined/cygwin/mined-2000.16-0-src.tar.bz2
>> #wget http://towo.net/mined/cygwin/setup.hint
> There's a bug in mined's postinstall script, or better, in the
> /usr/share/mined/setup_install/bin/setupreg.sh script called from
> the postinmstall script:
>
>    $ /usr/share/mined/setup_install/bin/setupreg.sh
>    The operation completed successfully.
>    The operation completed successfully.
>    ERROR: The system was unable to find the specified registry key or value.
>
> The reason is that, at least on Windows 7, there is no key called
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\SystemFileAssociations.
>
> The result is that a user of Windows 7 gets a postinstall warning from
> setup.exe because the mined postinstall script returns a non-zero exit
> code.
>

> Corinna
Hi, thanks for the notice.
Actually I'm aware that there is this postinstall return problem also in
Windows XP and I've fixed it but the code base isn't quite ready yet for
the next release - can it still wait for a short while?
On the other hand, if the key doesn't exist because the mechanism has
changed in Windows 7, I'm not sure what to do because I don't have W7
myself for testing - any advice by someone? Just some other key name
perhaps?
Thanks
Thomas