[patch/rebase]: Makefile support for cross-builds and static linking with gcc-4

Tue Jun 21 07:41:00 GMT 2011

On Jun 20 16:04, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-06-20 at 17:29 +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > This patch changes Makefile to use $(EXEEXT) throughout to better support
> > cross building.
>
> You'll still need to override CC/CXX for cross-compiling.
>
> > It also adds explicit static linking to avoid to link against
> > cyggcc_s-1.dll and cygstdc++-6.dll.
>
> Just "-static" is enough.

Sure?  I tried that first, but it didn't work.  The end result still
linked against the cygstdc++ and cyggcc_s DLLs.  Specifying all three
flags was the only way I could convince g++ to link these libs
statically.

Red Hat