[patch/rebase]: Makefile support for cross-builds and static linking with gcc-4

Tue Jun 21 08:07:00 GMT 2011

On Jun 21 03:01, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-06-21 at 09:40 +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > Sure?  I tried that first, but it didn't work.  The end result still
> > linked against the cygstdc++ and cyggcc_s DLLs.  Specifying all three
> > flags was the only way I could convince g++ to link these libs
> > statically.
>
> Hmm, it WFM with gcc-4.5; perhaps 4.3 is somehow different in that
> regard.
>
> (Ahem, Dave?  Can we get a stable 4.5.3 already?)

That would be cool.  And if so, gcc should be configured to set the
large address awareness flag in executable PE headers by default.

Btw., did anybody experiment with setting the ASLR flag for DLLs?
Chuck's description sounds as if this really might help to reduce
collision problems at fork time.  If so, the ASLR flag should
become default for DLLs.

Red Hat