[ITP] win-ssh-agent 1.07

多賀奈由太 ganaware@gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 16:36:00 GMT 2011

Sorry for my broken mail.  I send it again by other mailer.

2011/11/4 Corinna Vinschen:
 > On Nov  4 15:37, Nayuta Taga wrote:
 >> (1) I want to use it because the cygwin emacs does not have its own
 >>     windows.  The cygwin emacs works only in the terminal.
 > Try xemacs.  It has a Windows GUI fallback mode if there's no X display.

It's nice! I'll try it.

 >> (2) I want to run it from the start menu or the Windows 7's task bar
 >>     (not from the cygwin bash shell).  It is the window's style to run
 >>     applications.
 >
 > You can start it from the start menu via a bash script which pulls in
 > the SSH_* environment before starting emacs.

Yes, I can.

2011/11/4 Eric Blake:

 > I'm not sure why your mail came through so garbled, but the large
number of
 > missing spaces in your message distracts from your attempt to appear
 > professional in offering a package.

I'm sorry for missing spaces.  I don't know why this happened ...

 >> (3) I want to use the tramp ( http://www.gnu.org/s/tramp/ ) in the
 >>     ntemacs.  With it, I can treat documents on the remote machine
 >>     as if they are on the local machine by:
 >>            C-x C-f /sshx:username<at>hostname:~/remote-file
 >
 > Have you tried using the emacs that ships with cygwin?  It includes
 > tramp.elc already built in, without needing a separate download.

The URL is just a information for someone who are not familiar with
the tramp.  I didn't download it from there.

 > Unless you can give an example where an app in the cygwin distro would be
 > benefitted by adding a gui front-end to setting up the ssh-agent, and why
 > existing mechanisms of starting any cygwin app via a simple shell script
 > wrapper that attaches to $HOME/.keychain/${HOSTNAME}-sh if already
present,
 > then I don't see why the cygwin distro needs win-ssh-agent.  I'm not
saying
 > that win-ssh-agent is bad (on the contrary, it does seem to help your use
 > case of ntemacs), just that since your primary use case demonstration
was as
 > a stand-alone app for helping other non-cygwin apps, and not
something that
 > fills a void for interaction with existing cygwin apps.

Ok.  I understand why win-ssh-agent should be distributed separately
from the cygwin's distro.

Thanks for your valuable feedback.  I withdraw this ITP.
--
Nayuta Taga