Setup announcement

Mon Nov 21 09:53:00 GMT 2011

Hi Jon,

most of the changes and fixes in the new setup.exe release from this
weekend are yours per the ChangeLog.  I don't know exactly what to write
in an announcement.  Here's what I have so far.  Can you please have a
look and revise it?

- Now that mintty has become part of the default installation, setup will
  create desktop and start menu shortcuts called "Cygwin Terminal", which
  point to mintty, starting your default shell as noted in /etc/passwd.

- The desktop and start menu shortcuts use new icons.

- Remove "Prev" button from Chooser page.  The behaviour was confusing
  and unnecessary.

- In unattanded mode, if packages were selected on command line,
  install only these, not their dependencies.

  --- Is that correct?  Or are the dependencies installed as well,
      but not unrelated packages?

- Improve progress bar display.

- Fix behaviour when reading broken tar archives.

- Improve error messages related to reading and writing files.

Thanks,

Red Hat