[RFC] Packaging texlive

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Sun Feb 26 23:10:00 GMT 2012

I'm thinking about volunteering to package texlive for Cygwin.  It's
present in many (if not all) major Linux distros, and it could replace
the obsolete tetex package if the tetex maintainer doesn't object.

Since Yaakov has already packaged texlive for Cygwin Ports, the obvious
question is whether he is planning to move it to the Cygwin distro.  If
so, I would yield to him.  If not, the main obstacle I see is that
texlive requires some packages (such as libpoppler, among others) that
are in Ports but not in Cygwin.

So the first question is whether it's feasible to move those packages to
the Cygwin distro in the near future.  Yaakov, WDYT?

Ken