[RFC] Packaging texlive

Tue Feb 28 05:36:00 GMT 2012

On Mon, 2012-02-27 at 23:09 -0500, Ken Brown wrote:
> I do have one question about the various texlive-collection-* packages.
>   Do you have some automated way of getting the TeX Live package lists
> that are in the .cygport files (TEXLIVE_TEXMF_PKGS, etc.)?  The lists
> can be gotten from the texlive.tlpdb file, but it doesn't seem obvious
> to me how to automate this.

Not exactly.  I started with this, after having created all of the
texlive-collection-* directories:

========
date=$(date +%Y%m%d)
trunk=http://www.tug.org/svn/texlive/trunk/Master/tlpkg/tlpsrc

for p in texlive-collection-*
do
  deps=$(curl -s "${trunk}/${p#texlive-}.tlpsrc?view=co" \
         | grep ^depend | cut -d' ' -f2 | grep -v collection- \
         | sed -e ':a;N;$!ba;s|\n| |g')
  echo -e TEXLIVE_TEXMF_PKGS=\"${deps}\"\\ninherit texlive > $p/$p-$date-1.cygport
done

sed -i -e 's/TEXMF/DOC/' texlive-collection-documentation-*/*.cygport
=========

Then I still had to do the following manually:

1) Scan the .tlpkg files in each collection (once downloaded and
prepped) for .ARCH depends, and move those from TEXMF_PKGS to ARCH_PKGS.

2) Primarily in collection-lang*, see which individual packages were
just placeholders for docs, moving them from TEXMF_PKGS to DOC_PKGS.

3) Drop any empty hyphenation packages from collection-lang*.

Now that that is all done though, from here on out I think your best bet
is to track TeX Live subversion:

svn co svn://tug.org/texlive/trunk/Master/tlpkg/tlpsrc

then in tlpsrc:

svn diff -r {20120202} | less

(where 20120202 is the date of the last packages) and just translate any
changes to collection-*.tlpsrc into the existing .cygport files.  Doing
that just now showed that nine collections already have minor changes.

Yaakov