[Patch] Rebase: new switch --ephemeral

ASSI Stromeko@nexgo.de
Wed Jun 13 19:19:00 GMT 2012

I've implemented a new option that allows to temporarily rebase some files
without messing up the rebase database.  This is needed for instance when
one compiles Perl modules with DLL and wants to test them in the build
directory.  I hope this can be implemented into the release version so that
this new feature can be used by cygport.

A patch implementing the new feature is attached together with a Perl script
that can read out the information from the rebase database.  There is no
immediate use for this script, but it might come in handy at times — my
first idea was to extract some information from the rebase database and use
this to do a manual rebase, but it turned out to be easier to implement
directly in rebase itself, so I went ahead and did that.

I also fixed two small bugs/typos along the way.

Complete source and fully built packages for Cygwin can be made available on
request.

Regards,
Achim.

Wavetables for the Waldorf Blofeld: