Python 3.2 cygport script

Fri Jun 15 07:59:00 GMT 2012

On 2012-06-14 13:56, Jason Tishler wrote:
> See attached for a diff between your python3-3.1.5rc1-1 cygport script
> and my WIP 3.2 one.  I'm still deciding on which patches to include
> and/or getting them to apply cleanly, so ignore those diffs for now.
> I'm most interested in your feedback on my changes to src_install(), so
> please focus your attention there.  In particular, I'm trying to figure
> out how to best handle the new ABIFLAGS stuff that was added in 3.2.
> Any comments will be greatly appreciated.

Comments inline.

> -doc_v=3.1.3
> +doc_v=${PV}

That's fine for now, but by later point releases the docs tend not to be
updated.  Perhaps this should be a separate source package anyway, but
that's up to you.

> +	3.2.3-extension.patch

I never had this problem because I set obcaseinsensitive=0.  I'm not
sure what side effects your patch may have.

> +	3.2.3-libpython-abi.patch

Yep, I had a similar patch locally from an earlier attempt at 3.2.

> +	abi=$(${B}/python.exe -c 'import sys; print(sys.abiflags)')

I recommend you hard-code this (abi=m) right after the slot define.
Otherwise, if something happens and the ABI changes suddenly, you might
miss it and inadvertently ship an update which will break users'
installations.

> +	dosym idle${slot} /usr/bin/idle3

I think the same can be done with pydoc.

Otherwise this looks good.

Yaakov