mod_dav.la no longer provided by apache2

Wed Jun 27 03:29:00 GMT 2012

On Tue, 2012-06-26 at 12:08 -0700, David Rothenberger wrote:
> On 6/26/2012 11:07 AM, Achim Gratz wrote:
> > I've had to comment out the Apache module build since the mod_dav.la
> > was nowhere to be found and no Cygwin package provides it.
>
> Achim is referring to rebuilding Subversion. I just tried this and ran
> into the same problem. apache2-2.2.22-2 provided
> /usr/lib/apache2/mod_dav.la but this is no longer included in 2.2.22-3.
>
> Yaakov, can you make a new apache2 package with the .la file? This is
> required to get the Apache Subversion module to compile.

Not really, it's just a matter of adjusting your patches.  In
02-fix-linking.patch, change the [mod_dav] external-lib line to:

+external-lib = -Wl,`$(APXS) -q libexecdir`/mod_dav.so

and the [httpd] external-lib line to:

+external-lib = -lhttpd2core

While I'm at it, would you consider adding GNOME Keyring support to
subversion?  The additional build requirements are minimal
(libgnome-keyring-devel and libdbus1-devel) and require the following
changes:

* add the attached patch;
* add --with-gnome-keyring to CYGCONF_ARGS;
* add subversion-gnome to PKG_NAMES, --exclude=cygsvn_auth_*.dll to
subversion_CONTENTS, and define
subversion_gnome_CONTENTS="usr/bin/cygsvn_auth_gnome_keyring*.dll";
* add subversion-gnome.hint with requires: libapr1 libdbus1_3
libglib2.0_0 libgnome-keyring0 libintl8 subversion

TIA,

Yaakov