[ITP] heimdal (was: Cygwinports Heimdal for the distro?)

Mon Mar 19 03:32:00 GMT 2012

On Fri, 2012-03-16 at 21:01 +0100, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Mar 16 14:34, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
> > On 2012-03-16 14:00, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > >I just saw that you have a heimdal package in cygwinports.  Do you think
> > >this package is good enough shape for the distro?  You know, it might be
> > >a good idea to have a kerberos and gssapi enabled ssh in the distro,
> > >eventually(*).
> >
> > OK, I'm just about finished with my openssl rebuild; I'll work on it
> > early next week.
>
> Thank you!

Here it is:

ftp://ftp.cygwinports.org/pub/cygwinports/release-2/heimdal/

> > >(*) Needless to say that I didn't even try to build ssh against
> > >     heimdal yet.  But there is a heimdal option in openssh's
> > >     configury...
> >
> > I tried it a while ago and it built just fine.
>
> That's a good start.  Hopefully it works, too.  I'm not exactly a
> Kerberos guru so I don't know what I have to test.

A long time ago someone gave me an opportunity to test that self-built
heimdal/krb5-enabled Cygwin openssh with their server and it worked.  I
have not tested the daemons though.

Yaakov