TeXworks and hunspell

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Sat Mar 24 15:15:00 GMT 2012

To complete the process of modernizing Cygwin's TeX programs, I am
thinking about ITPing TeXworks.  I've built it using the .cygport file
from Ports.  I have two questions for Yaakov.

1. The manual (which is supposed to be available from the Help menu)
doesn't get installed.  Having never before built a package that uses
qmake, I'm not sure how to make this happen.  I see in TeXworks.pro the
lines

	manual.files = manual/*
	manual.path = $$TW_HELPPATH

which I would think should take care of this, but it doesn't.  Do you
know how to fix this?

2. TeXworks requires hunspell.  Are you interested in moving this into
the distro?  I suppose I could ITP that also, but I don't really know
anything about it, so I'm not the best person to be its maintainer.
BTW, I built hunspell using your .cygport, and cygport warned me that
the following three scripts didn't get packaged:

   usr/bin/affixcompress
   usr/bin/makealias
   usr/bin/wordforms

Was this deliberate or just an oversight?

Ken