[ITP] openmpi-1.6.3-2

marco atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 21:52:00 GMT 2012

On 11/8/2012 11:02 AM, marco atzeri wrote:
>> On Nov  3 19:52, marco atzeri wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> intention to package the
>>>
>>> OpenMPI: A High Performance Message Passing Library
>>>
>>> http://www.open-mpi.org/
>>>
>>> already present in all major disti's.
>>>
>>> To download (remove the index.html's) :
>>>
>>> wget -r -np -nH --cut-dirs=1 \
>>> http://matzeri.altervista.org/cygwin-1.7/openmpi/index.html
>>>
>>> find openmpi -name index.html -o -name md5.sum | xargs rm
>>>
>>> Filelist:
>>> libopenmpi/libopenmpi-1.6.3-2.tar.bz2
>>> libopenmpi/setup.hint
>>> libopenmpi-devel/libopenmpi-devel-1.6.3-2.tar.bz2
>>> libopenmpi-devel/setup.hint
>>> openmpi-1.6.3-2-src.tar.bz2
>>> openmpi-1.6.3-2.tar.bz2
>>> setup.hint
>>>
>>> ADVISE:
>>>
>>> 1)   Cygserver is required to provide IPC shared memory
>>>       otherwise the programs will fail as:
>>>
>>>       $ mpirun -n 4 ./hello_c.exe
>>>       Bad system call
>>
>> Ideally the openmpi package would allow to use POSIX IPC rather than XSI
>> IPC.  POSIX IPC doesn't require a server process.  If there's a
>> configure option to that effect, I'd use it.  Otherwise, just add a
>> README to tell the user about the dependency.
>
> thanks for suggestion, I will look on configuration flag.
>

>>> 2)   Binary are not stripped as otherwise they will be not
>>>       functional. Reason to be determined.
>>
>> Stuff like that is seriously fishy.  What happens?
>
> no message and never completes. I need to extend debugging to understand
> the matter.
>

>> Corinna

solved both things and bumped the package. The -2  was already
discussed on the openmpi development list

wget -r -np -nH --cut-dirs=1 \
http://matzeri.altervista.org/cygwin-1.7/openmpi/index.html

File list:
libopenmpi/libopenmpi-1.6.3-3.tar.bz2
libopenmpi/setup.hint
libopenmpi-devel/libopenmpi-devel-1.6.3-3.tar.bz2
libopenmpi-devel/setup.hint
openmpi-1.6.3-3-src.tar.bz2
openmpi-1.6.3-3.tar.bz2
openmpi-debuginfo/openmpi-debuginfo-1.6.3-3.tar.bz2
openmpi-debuginfo/setup.hint
setup.hint

Regards
Marco